Many people depend on online mode for buying various products/services. Likewise, you can also purchase health insurance online. Read to know how to choose the best policy online.
We are living in a world where everything can be purchased online. Whether it is shopping, booking movie tickets, or flight tickets, it is easy to accomplish such tasks online. Now, you can also buy an insurance policy online. Gone are the days when you would have to book an appointment with a financial broker to buy an insurance policy.
Some people still follow the offline buying practice, as they hesitate to use the online mode. The reason for shying away is the security issues relating to your personal information. However, you can still get the best quote online if you follow the below steps:
- Compare policies
If you’re buying online, you should always compare health insurance plans. Select a few policies that suit your budget, offering the type of cover you are looking for. Make a comparison based on the premium rate, inclusions, exclusions and add-on benefits, the sum assured under the policy, and network hospitals. Following crucial factors will help you compare and choose the best policy:
- Premium Vs. Sum Assured: While comparing, evaluate whether the coverage and the sum assured are decent and match the cost of the premium. Make sure you have also chosen add-ons as per your medical needs
- Network Hospitals: For cashless claim, the network of hospitals allied with the insurance company plays a crucial role. Check if the preferred hospital of your area is listed in the network list. In such a case, it is easy to apply for a cashless claim
- Room rent: If someone is hospitalised, some insurance companies pay only a part of room rent. While choosing a policy, make sure you select a plan with no capping on hospital room rent.
- Exclusions: You should also do health insurance compare based on the exclusions of the policy. You may find features of a health insurance policy interesting, but you must also pay equal attention to the exclusions. Also, check what diseases are covered after a waiting period of 30 days.
- Saves time
As they say, time is money, buying an insurance policy online saves time and money. You do not have to book an appointment with a financial broker, as well as you can save on the commission charges. Online insurance is faster than its offline counterpart.
- Less paperwork
While initiating online health insurance purchases, the paperwork is smooth and hassle-free. You can forward soft copies of your documents directly to the insurer. It is a virtually stress-free process.
- Transparency of Information
You can go through the insurance policies online and get detailed information. This will help you to compare plans online easily. You don’t have to visit the agent as they tend to sell local policies with meager benefits.
If you are planning to buy health insurance online, you must visit the company’s website, compare the different plans and choose the best individual/family floater health insurance plan that suits your coverage requirements and scope.